Canyonlands National Park Island in the Sky District Begins and ends in downtown Moab
7:30 am – 12:00 pm
$500 plus tax flat rate for 1-4 guests (includes National Parks entrance fees)
Additional guests $65 each plus tax (max 10 additional guests for a total of 14)
10 minutes prior to departure
Experience the expansive views and massive landscapes of Canyonlands National Park, a timeless and seemingly endless array of canyons and buttes. On this private tour, you and your group will enjoy a custom-designed itinerary with featuring your preferred combination of stunning canyon overlooks connected by a wondrous paved driving route and punctuated by light walking or moderate hiking. Learn about the geology, rivers, human history, and biodiversity that make this unmatched desert landscape so unique.
Your guide will drive you through the Island in the Sky region of Canyonlands National Park , making stops to explore popular monuments and marvelous lookout points. There will be time for some short optional walks to explore some of the “greatest hits” such as Mesa Arch, Whale Rock, Shafer Canyon and Orange Cliffs Overlooks, and the world famous Grand View Point. We will custom tailor this tour to your taste to find just the right balance of driving, walking, and soaking up the scenery. Your guide will share stories and information to help you get the most from your experience. Up to six guests per tour. Duration: 4.5 hours
While enjoying the park, we teach and abide by the Leave No Trace principles so that others may experience it for generations to come.
- Water cooler for refills
- Light snacks (granola bar, etc.)
- All park entrance fees
- Friendly, professional guide and interpretive information
- Pick up and drop off at your in-town Moab accommodations (guests staying out of town will meet your guide at Lions Park Trail Hub or our downtown shop for check-in)
*Note: Trip price does not include guide gratuity.
- Always check weather forecasts for your adventures so you can prepare appropriately. Desert temperatures can be extreme, and weather can change very quickly. If you intend to do any walking, please come prepared for the great outdoors!
- Hat with a brim for shade
- Walking shoes*
- Personal water bottle, full
- Additional snacks if desired (this is not a lunch tour)
- Camera and/or binoculars
- Extra layers of clothing including a rain jacket
- A day pack for your personal gear
*For hiking-specific tours we recommend sturdy, comfortable hiking or athletic shoes or hiking boots