How Wild West Voyages is handling Covid-19 and how you can help!
Wild West Voyages is undergoing a thoughtful, careful process of reopening its Moab adventure offerings with health and safety as a top priority. Our goal is to responsibly bring you the adventures you seek while doing our part to prevent the spread of Covid-19. This involves honoring current guidelines and mandates by the agencies that oversee our activities: Southeast Utah Health Department, the Bureau of Land Management, and the State of Utah. Please support us in our efforts to adhere to these mandates, and above all to protect staff and guests to the best of our ability.
GENERAL CHANGES TO OUR ADVENTURE OFFERINGS
- All tours are private group tours (already a specialty of ours): we conduct one group at a time in each van, on each raft, and on the high ropes challenge course.
- Challenge course groups will have a minimum of three guests/tickets per facilitation.
- River trips will be chartered at a set price for up to eight participants.
- Rental group check-in appointments are staggered.
IN THE OFFICE AND STORE
While the cleanliness of our space and equipment has always been a priority, we will be increasing our cleaning practices to keep the experience as safe as possible for everyone.
- All staff and guests wash hands with soap for 20+ seconds before entering the building or upon checking in for activities, at the wash station located at the front of our building.
- Staff members conduct regular cleaning and disinfecting of commonly touched surfaces on the premises including countertops, bathroom surfaces, doorknobs, light switches, phone and computer surfaces, clipboards, and pens.
- Six-foot separations are clearly delineated in the office for groups at check-in. Where possible, check-ins and paperwork are conducted outdoors.
- Please ease the efficiency of check-in by filling out your waivers online ahead of time.
- Each staff member or guest must wash hands thoroughly before entering a Wild West Voyages vehicle.
- We ask that every staff member and guest wear some sort of face-covering while riding in the vehicle. If you do not have your own, you will purchase a bandana, buff, or mask from our store.
- All vehicle interiors are cleaned with sanitizing solution after each group use.
HIGH ROPES CHALLENGE COURSE
- Ropes course staff washes harnesses, lanyards, clips, and carabiners with soap and water after every use. Equipment will hang dry for a period of at least 48 hours before the next use.
- Helmets are treated with an enzymatic anti-bacterial solution and sprayed with disinfectant then left to rest at least 48 hours prior to the next use.
- Staff wears rubber gloves to adjust guest harnesses.
- Additional wash stations and hand sanitizers are provided at the base of the course and on the tower, subject to their availability to us.
- Climbers are encouraged to thoroughly wash hands and face after their adventure!
- We ask that you complete online waivers prior to checking in.
- We can serve groups of ten or fewer guests.
- Please arrive on time for your check-in so that we may appropriately serve all guests at their appointment times.
- We thoroughly clean all rental equipment after every use (we always have).
- We thoroughly clean and dry all rafts, kayaks, and paddleboards after every use (we always have).
GUIDED RAFT, KAYAK, AND PADDLEBOARD TRIPS
- Check-in procedures have been updated as outlined above.
- All tours are private tours with only one reserved group per van/guide. See our website for options and pricing.
- Guests, drivers, and guides will follow the transportation procedures outlined above.
- Hand wash and hand sanitizer supplies are available at all times on the river and during stops.
- We thoroughly clean and dry all boats and equipment after every use (we always have).
- Social distancing while on the river is easy to accomplish on a kayak or paddleboard tour. We do our best to establish distance between guide and guests on rafts within the space limitations of the vessel. Most raft tours are conducted in a 16-ft or 18-ft raft to allow for maximum spacing.
- Please bring your face covering and wear it at check-in and in any vehicles. If you do not have a face covering, you need to purchase one from our store.
- Please bring a personal supply of sanitizer or hand wipes as our supply is limited to what we can fund and purchase.
- Please observe a respectful social distance of six feet between yourself and staff and other guest groups at our site.
- As always, plan ahead and be prepared! Bring appropriate clothing, hat, skin protection, and footwear for whatever the great outdoors may bring including strong sun, hot surfaces, and change of weather. Check your specific activity confirmation for a list of what to bring!
- As a guest we ask you to please do your best to help us in our endeavor to flatten the curve and keep folks safe.
Lastly, we are asking ANYONE, guest or staff member, who is feeling under the weather, has a fever, or has been around someone feeling sick to NOT ATTEND your activity, and to seek the proper medical counsel.
- If you are feeling ill or have been exposed to someone who is feeling ill and need to cancel your activity, you may do so up to the last moment before departure. If this occurs more than 48 hours prior to your activity, you will receive a refund minus $15 per person booking fee. If this occurs less than 48 hours prior to your tour, we will issue you a gift card for the full amount of your tour to be used on any future tour within one year of the trip date. This applies to illness only.
- There is no refund or credit for cancellations for reasons other than illness within 48 hours of departure. These may include but are not limited to change of plans, weather concerns, no-show, travel delays, or others. This is an industry-standard policy.
Lovingly penned by Swirlin’ Eddy For Wild West Voyages